Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Ode to My Fanny Pack: The Underdog of Bags

Oh, sweet Fanny Pack. How do I love thee?





Your skin is weathered and licorice black
Your zippers are strong and grounded
You grip my waist with a sense of duty
A sense of pride
An attention whore for the decades existed
And decades to come
You demand to be front and center
Drawing eyes, you hold steady in your position

There you wait
Ready
Ready to hold my phone
My lipgloss
My flippy floppies, if need be

100% genuine leather
Made in Mexico
Found at a thrift store
You were fated to be mine
Fate
Kizmet
To join me at every dance party requiring tube socks
Patent leather pants
Mullet wigs

You bring people joy
Laughter
Jealousy
Pain
You bring me nothing but satisfaction
Pictures
Adoration
High Fives

Those that say you can never be
Let them be silenced
Let them gaze upon your beauty
And weep.

*** If you'd like to see me rockin' a fanny pack via youtube, click here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQ7Lqo15aIU

No comments:

Post a Comment